The school receives additional funding to support the development of physical well being, health and fitness.
The aim is to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and Sport in primary schools that leads to a long lasting impact beyond the funding initiative.
This premium is measured against five main indicators :
1. the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport
At St Leonard's we use our sports premium to partially fund our partnership with Premier Sports, an organisation of specialist sports coaches who work with every class in the school on a weekly basis.
In 2021, we received £18,330.00 as our premium. We spend £30,000.00 in total on our annual partnership with Premier Sports. As such, the premium partially funds high quality professional sports tuition for pupils and also training for school based adults in how to deliver PE lessons in accordance with the five stated aims.
For further information about our sports provision, please refer to the Teaching & Learning section by clicking here.